Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pet Peeve


Lately I have been telling Matt how annoyed I am by people yelling at their kids.
I remember being a kid and when that happened to me the feelings of un-love and even abandonment that I felt by the hateful tone coming from my loved ones.
The more and more I thought about how horrible these people are, how ungoldy, how heartless; the more I realized it was because I do it without even noticing it.
I love how God does that, reveals things to us at just the right time.
I wouldn't say that I yell all the time, but I do do it.
Usually after the tenth time of telling my girls to do something and they don't.
But that isn't their fault that is my fault.
I should have corrected their behavior after the first sign of disobedience.

Look at these faces, so vulnerable.






I love how God reinforces what he lays on your heart by the people, and world around you.
Last night I watched prayer from home and KP shared this gem of wisdom, and I am paraphrasing, " even if I am justified in my anger, even if I am right and they are wrong, they will not remember my words but the spirit in which i said it." 
Then I watched one of my fav shows, 19 kids and counting, and Michelle Duggar had said, "You should praise your kids 10 times more then you correct them."
That is what I am learning being stuck at home with my kids.
If that is the reason I am, I will take it.
I do not want to break the spirit of my babies.
The little souls that God has entrusted to me to teach, nurture, and love.
Thank you God for giving me a pet peeve!




Peace in Jesus,
Summur

3 comments:

  1. Wise words, taken to heart. Thank you for sharing!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, so true!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, thanks for sharing! That's so true!

    ReplyDelete