Monday, March 12, 2012

Life is Like a Parable, You Never Know What Your Gonna Get






Then He told them many things in parables saying; "A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they and no root. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. Still other see fell on good soil, where it produced a crop-a hundred, sixty, or thirty times what was sown."
Matthew 13, 1-8


I was reading these verses today and God showed me how I have been all of these seeds in my lifetime.
I don't remember much of my childhood, but I figure when I was very young I did not understand the love that God has for us and what His son went through to have a relationship with us.
That stage is the first seed, vs 19 "when anyone hears the message of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path."

When I was 8 my neighbor, who had taken my sister and I to Whirly Birds & Church, shared the gospel with me and prayed the sinners prayer with me. I was excited to start my new life in Christ. But I had no roots, not much bible reading, no disciples, and rarely any prayer life.
vs 20 & 21 "The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes, he quickly falls away."

When I was in high-school and my early 20's I was so worried about everything. Being popular, being famous, being independent, being in love, being pretty, being and thinking only about me me me me.
I surrounded myself with people whom were also self destructive and selfish, not everyone, but most of my friends were all about.... a "good time" Right Now. 
vs.22 "The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but he worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful."

Today I hope and pray and even have faith that I am the last seed.
vs 23 "But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown."
The difference between the past and now is even though  I was those sad seeds, He was still there with me, molding me and growing me to be more like Him. And "Although I am still a great sinner, He is a great savior." John Newton
I pray that my time on earth produces much fruit for the kingdom of heaven.


Peace is only found in Jesus,
Summur

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful!! What a beautiful comparison! I'm so happy to be catching up with you. I've been blogging sporadically lately and my reading of my favorites has been even more sporadic. I love all the creative projects you do with your girls. You are an inspiration -- even if you have to spend lots of time with your feet up! Know that I am praying for you, your wee babe, and your family. May the Lord bless you and keep you and surround you with his love and lots of waiting patience :o)!

    Love and hugs!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete