Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I Enjoy Being a Girl









Yes we are having our third girl and I am so super excited.
I would be happy with 10 girls.
I am so thankful for what God gives me that I never think to want any specific sex.
Not like I am a super perfect faithful woman or anything, I fail in other areas.
It is just that I don't understand how some people get their thoughts turned on to a specific child that they haven't even seen yet.
I guess we all have a vision for our children and when they don't meet up to that we are disappointed.
The best thing about child raising I have ever heard was from Pastor Damian at Calvary Chapel Modesto(if you hadn't heard him speak you must leave this blog at this instance and go here); He said that "a child is never more yours then when you first give birth to them. Everyday after that they are separating themselves from you and we need to in trust them to the Lord." Pray for them and train them in the ways of the Lord.
That is what we are here for as parents, not to want a certain thing from them.
Like I would love it if Sinclair was an rock star for the Lord, and if Rie was her college mascot.
But those my friends are my dreams not my children's.
Anyway my prayer for us as Christian parents is that we may Trust the Lord with all of our heart and lean not on our own understanding.
He will take far better care of our kids then we will.




Also our little sweet girl has a name, actually I make Matt pin a name (for each sex) down before we even dream of having another child. When we were engaged I told him that my first girls name was Sinclair, and if he didn't like it thought it could be a deal breaker for us :O)
Seriously, we love family names; so her name is

Daisy Fay



google image


Daisys are my favorite flower and also a name from one of my favorite books, and Fay is Matt's grandmother's name.
So there it is friends.
Please pray for a healthy baby and that she arrives before it gets to hot, LOL.
Peace in Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! Congrats to your entire family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I'm so excited for you!! Will be continuing to pray for health for you and your sweet babe.

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete