Monday, December 19, 2011

Keeping Christ in Christmas

I am so over "christmas" already.
Not the celebration of Jesus' birth, but the adds, the stores and the amount of gifts my children are getting.
I am afraid I can get caught up in it to.
I want my girls to grow up knowing that it is not about gifts and it even isn't about family, it is about loving God and showing His love to others.

Well there is my rant.
I am so glad that our church had such a beautiful Christ honoring play for the kiddos to do.
It gives the kids a special way to serve at Christmas.

Rie was suppose to be a sheep with the other 2 and three year olds, but sister wasn't a sheep so I think that influenced Rie.
Rie was happy to run back and forth on stage, in between Sinclair the sheep and myself. I was on the floor in front of the stage.
We let the little ones take a baby on stage to keep them happy, and Rie thought that would be a good thing for her baby to meet baby Jesus.













Sinclair stood in her place and sang boldly.
I was very proud of her.
She was given a line and said it in practice.
But when it came time to deliver she looked like a dear in headlights.
I don't blame her there was a huge group of moms right in front of her with video cameras.
But the show went on and it was such a joy to watch.




I love a small church!





We did  a pre-show photo shoot.
And we weren't very shy this time.










And here is a song the girls sang.
Well Sinclair sang.





Wishing you a Merry Christmas!
Summur

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! I know exactly what you mean about Christmas.

    Oh! And based on that little bar on the bottom of your blog, I should say congratulations!!!! I am very excited for you!!

    Love, hugs, and prayers!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I missed the kids' program!

    They look so cute! Thanks for sharing :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures.

    Yes, it is I, the blogging stranger. Hopeing to back to my old bloggy self beginning now.

    Missed hearing about you and your wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete