Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 1



My sister Kori and I went on a road trip this past weekend, up to Kansas City MO.
Our cousin Jen was getting married, and although it was an 8 and a half hour drive we managed to make it longer by making lots of stops, and getting lost a few times.
There was also an unbelievable amount of road construction and we sat in Plano on the 121 for an hour.
But we still loved each other by the end of the trip, so you know the good lord had a lot to do with it, LOL.






First stop an Oklahoma welcome center..............




let the cheesey picture taking begin...............








We had lunch at Okies, it was really very good.
And had lots of interesting decor.
Let's do this.................




MMMMM, sauce.................




Then we stopped in a motorcycle museum.
Our dad is a motorcycle dude so we had to pay a tribute to him.
Also Kori tried to stop me from saying dude in the museum, apparently I was letting my CA hang out.





This is the exact motorbike our dad has, and drove us on when we were kids.





Then we hit MO.





Then we pulled into Joplin and reality hit.











It was very humbling to see the damage that remains.
a good reminder to keep on praying for Joplin, MO.





After we left Joplin we got on the wrong 71, the business 71, and ended up pretty lost for about an hour.
So with the hour in Plano and the hour in MO, we were late.
We ended up making it to the reception on time.
Our cousin looked amazing, and it was great to see everyone.
I let Kori take all the pics of the bride and groom, so I don't have any.
But I do have one of us at the wedding.


That's us with a mac' and cheese martini.


PEACE IN JESUS,
Summur

4 comments:

  1. How fun! Sisterly goodness. Sans kids. Nice break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...it's not the exact Norton dad has...but close.

    Love all the super awesome flattering pics of your sister on here ;)

    I'm working on the upload-age of my.photgrafias

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I had some serious grammar moments there... who cares!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a blast! What is it with road construction anyway?

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete