Monday, May 23, 2011

Sew Fun


My dear friend Paula is teaching me how to sew. I never had the patience to learn before, thankfully Paula does have patience with me.
I am using two of the girls old dresses, and some of Paula's vintage fabric to make a pillow case cover for my bed. This way I can still keep up with my "toss everything cleaning method", and have something of the girls babyhood to hold onto!



Here is an idea of the front squares.
I actually did finish the top two rows before we left, thanks to Amy and Clara whom entertained my girls!



A time to tear, And a time to sew; A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;
ECC 3.7

PEACE IN JESUS,
Summur

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you sewed!! Does this mean we can get crafty together???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way it looks so far! Hope you remember to post the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!! I've always wanted to learn to sew. I really need to learn so I can pass the art down to my children.

    ReplyDelete