Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Impulsive Mama


Don't kids need smooth transitions?

Well the good Lord knew what He was doing when He gave me my kiddos!
When I want to do something, I need to do it that very moment.
Since knowing the Lord I have become more patient, but still very impulsive.
Especially if it is something exciting to me like, decorating.
If it is a room or a party, whatever; I am excited to do it and whatever I was doing before is not as important.

While we were away in CA Rie learned how to climb out of a pac-n-play.
The day we got home she learned how to climb out of her crib.

Matt had been telling me "You know Sinclair was in a toddler bed at this age".
I would reply "yes honey, but Rie is our baby". A very logical answer.

So the day after we got home, I was reading to the girls before nap time, rie had just crawled into her crib and an idea creeped into my head......This crib turns into a toddler bed.
I told the girls to 'stay back, mama is turning Rie's bed into a big girl bed'!
Of course my children are use to this sorta crazy and happily offered to assist.

I had not a clue what to tell Rie, or even how to take off the front piece of the crib.
Suprisingly it was very easy to take apart.





Now, I had to inform Rie she was to stay in her big girl bed.
I knew this wasn't very likely without any warning for her.
So I bribed her,"Stay in bed and when you wake up you can watch Tangled."
Well that nap time did not happen, but that night she went straight to bed.
And has ever since.

Thank God for easy going girls!
In some ways at least, the ways that work for having a crazy impulsive mama!




PEACE IN JESUS,
Summur

8 comments:

  1. Wow! No side rail??? Lane would fall right out ;) He sleeps like Brandon.

    Yea for big kids!!! Now that they can sleep anywhere we'll have to plan our first sleep over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful! And their room looks very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for little Rie! I totally understand you saying she's your baby...it's hard to watch them grow up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stand back! picture, so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad the transition was easy. I love their room! It's so CLEAN!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that transition went well. You just never know what to expect with kids, other than to expect the unexpected. Soren's been doing great with his big boy bed too, thankfully! It's bittersweet how fast they grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stumbled across your blog somehow...and wanted to say that I love the room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Their room is so cute -- and the owl bedding is adorable! I think easy going kids has a lot to do with their parenting. Ours are all very easy going too. I'm not trying to pat myself on the back, but I think when the kiddos have the confidence to know that mom and dad are always there when they need them, they just take to (sudden :o)) changes that much better. Glad Rie's sleeping so great in it already!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete