Sunday, October 10, 2010

Shine Your Light


(one of the none smiling pics)

I was sent this forward from our dear friend/mama Doreen. Usually I erase them before I even read them, sorry to break it to you family.
This one I thought was pretty cool and worth sharing.

"Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin. God lifts you up, takes you in, and washes all the dirt off of you. He opens you up, touches you deep inside and scoops out all the yucky stuff-- including the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc. Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside you to shine for all the world to see. "


Peace in Jesus,
Summur

5 comments:

  1. Funny, I actually read this one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fitting at this time of year. I love the pic Summur...you have a beautiful smile even though the girls look like they were tired already :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just learned this poem/verse/whatever it should be called a couple of weeks ago. It's a pretty cool analogy to use with children too!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pumpkin pic... and the analogy. I will never look at a pumpkin the same way again. I love it when that happens. :)

    ReplyDelete