Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Picture Lies

sometimes i look at blogs and think...
wow that woman really has it all together.
look at her perfect home, and perfect kids.
but then i think about how my blog must look the same to others.
people could get the impression that my children always are happy and well mannered.

WRONG!

today we headed off to the pumpkin patch with gaga.
rie is teething and sinclair is,
well sinclair is a 3 year old.



they whined all morning long.
we stayed at the pumpkin patch for a good 20 minutes,
that's it.
i don't think my mom and i could have handled more.

there weren't many smiles today at the patch.
but it did get better.
Praise Him it always gets better.

2010

2009



are those smiles?
wanna know how i got those....
bribery!


the best part of the trip
was that hello kitty was there.



And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 chronicles 12.9

a blessing for the day,
we went to dinner at Babe's and they gave us a free meal because it was our first time there.
awesome!
Peace in Jesus,
Summur

12 comments:

  1. Summur, I'm so glad you wrote this! I'm someone who feels "mommy guilt" easily. I always think that I could do just that little bit more for them...even when they've got me swamped! I needed reminding of this--that we all experience the same things with our children.

    I love your blog, and keeping up with the girls (and your!) adventures.I have a category on my iphone for blogs so that I can keep up with them easily--so there is a "Braley Mama" shortcut there!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your kind words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha I remember sitting them down in the mud last year for a picture! Too funny. At least they were relatively happy for that trip. Tomorrow is Kailyn's filed trip and she told me tonight she doesn't want to go or see her friends! Is there grumpy in the air, or what??!?!!??!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I so needed to read this today. After a morning of growling at my children to get their little bodies off to school and remember everything. Nope, not a perfect family here either. I'm so glad for God's grace! Yous still got great photos!

    Praying today is filled with more smiles!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) this is a great post!
    Thanks for being real!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post Summur... I don't know why we all feel that our kids should be happy 100% of the time or we should be feeling guilty. Everyone always asks if Alex is ever NOT happy and I laugh, because there are many whinny moments at our house too. (Don't you love teething!). Thanks for keeping it real!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha...I remember those days with my kids. But as I always tell you sweet Summur...cherish those days and moments, both good and/or bad, cause they go by way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even if there weren't an overwhelming amount of smiles, the photos are super cute. The first two are perfect. I love the dresses on your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We still had fun, after all Gaga and you ran them ragged all week and they ran us ragged and we were all tired, so I'm sure they just wanted to have fun but couldn't manage to put on another smile for the thousands of pictures Gaga and Mama were taking of them all week. They are a blessing and I LOVED being with all of you all week, it was so great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post has inspired me to do another outtakes and bloopers post. I'm sooo guilty of posting the "good" shot of the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pictures turned out so cute. We went to the pumpkin patch the other day. Such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have some "lying" pictures also, but I don't think it's a complete loss, since sometimes memories are built on pictures. Thanks for your sweet comments on the blog. Been a stranger lately--sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! So true. I think this is my favorite verse of all times. It's right up their with a couple of my favorite psalms.

    ReplyDelete