Monday, August 16, 2010

Weakness


My grace is enough for you..
for my strength and power are made perfect,
and show themselves most effective,
in your weakness.
2 corinthians 12:9

Do you ever feel hopelessly weak? God wants you to know that the only power weakness has over you is the power you give it.
Disliking yourself because you have weakness opens the door to trouble that can affect many areas of your life. But human weakness is no surprise to God. In fact it is an opprotunity for His strength and power to be made perfect in your weakness.
As you meditate on the truth of His promise, make a decision that you will not get so disturbed about your weaknesses that you will fail to recognize them as great opportunities for God. Stop grieving over your weaknesses and start receiving God's grace, strength, and power!

(Ending Your Day Right, a devotion by Joyce Meyer)


Peace in Jesus
Summur

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing that. I am constantly beating myself up when I fail. Which is alot. Thankful that HE forgives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, that's right where I am right now. Just struggling with not being "enough". Thanks for sharing that. It encouraged me. By the way, Joyce Meyer's home offices are in my town!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so good to remember! I'm going to have to write it out. Thank you for sharing it, Summur!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete