Sunday, August 8, 2010

Calvary Chapel Modesto


Today our church sent us off with a prayer in front of the congregation.
It was very bittersweet, as this could be the last Sunday there for a while.
Our pastors are going to a Missions conference in Austria, so we wont be seeing them before we leave.
Our missions Pastor Matt has been so helpful and awesome, we just love him and his family!!!
And we will totally miss our head pastor, Damian Kyle, he is the best I have ever heard. The Lord really speaks through him!
On top of our church family, or shall I say part of it, is the fact that a lot of our family goes to church with us. My sister and bro-law come when they can, and we have lots of cousins who go.
Here we are waiting for pastor Matt, and Sinclair is dancing to the worship:O)
Here we are being prayed for by Damian Kyle, left, and Matt Phillips, right.

Oh, and we had a little miss-communication, on my part.
We were suppose to be sent off from both morning services, but I read an email wrong and thought it was just first service. So we are home napping and have all these messages were coming in, "Where are you?"
Whoops!
Sorry Pastor Matt:O)
Peace In Jesus,
Summur

9 comments:

  1. I'm still laughing! I can't believe you stood them up ;)

    Glad we could be there. I still haven't told Kailyn you're leaving. Oh the sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think God heard their prayers, even if you were "resting in Jesus" at the moment.

    Is this your commendation to the field? And does everyone wear jeans to church? It's been a while since I've been in a "normal" church where the people dress casually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Heavenly Father, though I could not be present to pray for Summur and her family, I pray now that you speak through them and bless their lives so that they may be your light, shining brightest among those who don't know You. Lord, I pray that their move be safe, that you will provide and that you give them peace admist the heartache of separating from family. Dear Father, you are the Lord of creation and I know that you have knit the Braley's into your great story. Thank you for their service and dedication to You. In Jesus' precious Name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops on misreading the email. In other news, your family is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so beautiful and so is your family. I am sure it is bittersweet..but following God's plan will only bring blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a kind send off. It must be sad to leave your church, but I'm positive you will find a lovely new one after the move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How funny...you stood up your church. Good luck, my prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Change is always so bittersweet, even when we know we're going where God wants us to be. I chuckled about the miscommunication. Oops :oS!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete