Monday, May 10, 2010

The Sneaky Tackle



My oldest, who usually eats everything, is coming to that stage that some mama's have warned me about.
The picky eating stage!
Both of my girls could eat you under the table.
My one year old still can, but now my almost three year old is not eating her veggies.
Sooooo I went all Jessica Seinfeld on her,
and pureed some into the pizza sauce.
Take that Sinclair!
With the whole grain pizza dough, I turned pizza night into health food night.
The sauce was a more like a spread.
I got a little carried away with the amount of veggies I used.
Probably from laughing maniacally !
We all ate it and liked it, maybe less veggies next time.

Have you ever tricked your kids into eating veggies?

That is how I tackled feeding my kids a well balanced meal this week.
For more fun tackles visit.......
5MinutesForMOM!!!!

...........................................................................


HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPA KEITH~!

10 comments:

  1. "I got a little carried away with the amount of veggies I used.
    Probably from laughing maniacally!"

    hahahaha! i love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trick them all the time! :) Pureed carrot in mac and cheese, quesadillas, and grilled cheese! Pureed veggies in potato soup. They love it all :) Good job sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea. I will have to try something like this with Remi. She is sooooo picky. I love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great yummy and necessary tackle:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds yummy! I will have to try that too. I never have made my own pizza.... how long did you cook it and at what temp? Did you make your own dough or buy it (if so, what brand?)

    Thanks!
    Robyn
    Mom All Day (can use the contact button to let me know at the top of my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry... forgot my blog addy so you can find the contact button!

    http://momallday.blogspot.com/

    Robyn
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!!! Did you just shape the tough with your hands to make it a heart? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome! I will have to remember this idea!! I think my Mom used to do this to us, I think though sneaking in veggies is good for all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you! That is such a great idea. Cute heart shaped pizza. Love it. Love the shhh picture too!
    Happy Birthday to Papa Keith. I hope he has a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. teehee! Way to go mama!

    Happy Birthday Papa Keith!

    ReplyDelete