Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mary Mary Quite Contrary


John 2 1 On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. 2 Now both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding. 3 And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, “They have no wine.”
4 Jesus said to her, “Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come.”
I wonder what it would have been like for Mary.
A perfect child.
Sometimes I think I am nothing like her.
Tonight I read this passage in John and realized I am a lot like her.

How often do I tell Jesus what I want Him to do?????

5 comments:

  1. I think many of us do that more than we care to admit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. I know I do it way too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I know! I'm so foolish to think He needs my help figuring it out.

    Looking at His creation is my fav. way to remember - He can handle things just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You hit a home run with this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still on that learning curve, bu I AM learning. I still like to have the occasional tantrum though ;o).

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete