Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Boycotting Idol Gives Back

Why am I surprised?
My friend posted this link on his FB page.
I was planning on watching Idol tonight, and now I am not.
I thought you might want to know this too!

Here is a bit of this article from Christian News Wire.

. Among the groups benefiting this year's "Idol Gives Back" fund-raising campaign are Save the Children and the United Nations Foundation. "Idol Gives Back," which airs tonight, will feature several celebrities who will urge Americans to make a donation.

Save the Children has a working relationship with what it calls "prominent international organizations." Several of these groups are actively pro-abortion, including Better World Fund, Center for Reproductive Rights, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Population Action International, and the U.S. Committee for UNICEF.

In 2001, Save the Children worked with Planned Parenthood, the Population Action Council, and the pro-abortion Audubon Society on its five-year "Planet Campaign." Funded by the rabidly pro-abortion/ population control David and Lucile Packard and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundations, the purpose of the campaign was to "raise awareness of the connections between international family planning and the health of children, women and the environment."

Just had to share this.
If you are as passionate as I about pro-life, we must make a stand!

6 comments:

  1. i wish they wouldn't call it "pro-abortion," as if the people and groups who support a woman's right to choose really mean they want women to kill their babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a touchy subject with high emotions. I believe life begins at conception, so it is murder. I know we all have different beliefs, but for me I don't want to support it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whether it's murder or not, you're right, we all have different beliefs. i would just take offense if someone called me "pro-abortion" when i'm not pro-abortion, i'm pro-choice. still, i totally respect your decision to boycott! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks mama! I see your point, thanks for clarifying:O) Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thankful I've never watched it and thankful that you've taken a stand on your blog! Way to go!!

    Hugs and blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete