Friday, March 12, 2010

I Was A Pretty Hot Date

Ok so I have been stuck in this house, sick and with sick babies for 5 days. Our car was in the shop, so even if I wanted to go and make a Target run it was impossible. Did I mention I have gone crazy.
If it wasn't for the Lord helping me through I probably would have jumped off of a building or something nutty like that. Yesterday Matt went to a confrence at church, The case for Christianity. An all day conference. I am really glad he got to go because he always lets me do stuff and stays home with the girls as much as possible.

He is pretty awesome like that.
Any-who we got the car back yesterday and I just had to get OUT and do something, but what?
I have been dying to see Avatar, and Matt doesn't want to see it. Weird huh?
I was thinking I should go see it. Alone. Alone on a Saturday, date night? Am I sure I can do this????Matt said he use to go all the time by himself. But I have never gone alone. Part of me is scared, the other part is excited to watch a movie alone....but I know what my friends are saying "but who will you talk too??"
(I talk thru every movie:O)
Will I be able to do this??????????
YES!!!!!
Well I just got back from the movie and it was worth the public humiliation. Just Kidding.
The walking in and out alone was strange, but I am sure that is just my self centeredness.
It was pretty funny becasue I got in the theater and it was very full. I sat down and a few seats down from me was one of my Bunco buddies, Karen. So I guess I wasnt alone:O)
Over all it was very relaxing and I really needed the escape.
One of the best parts of the night was getting to listen to one of my all time favorite cd's on the way there. Natalie Cole, Unforgettable.

And I got to drink some yummy Hint Cucumber water and watch a 3d movie. Which was so cool!
Ok that is my story.
Now to the couch to cuddle with the Hubbs!!!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds relaxing...I'm glad you had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for you having a day to yourself. I love those! I was just talking to a friend at church about this movie. He said it was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen AVATAR, but I keep hearing about post-Avatar depression or something like that. I hope you are not experiencing it--if indeed that is a problem. Anyway, I remember going out shopping at 9:00 p.m. just to get out of the house.. those were the days.

    I am so glad we have a Y membership. Usually a good workout will do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...you are my hero! I can't even eat alone in a restaurant. I'm weird that way. My daughter goes to movies alone all the time and eats out alone. But I just can't...I feel too weird, therefore I never see movies, silly huh?

    Good for you!

    ReplyDelete