Thursday, March 4, 2010

Feed Me Books Friday

The Lovely Adventure Mom Janna holds a awesome Friday link up called Feed Me Books Friday.
I love to read to my babies and they love to read too, well one kinda reads. Anytime I get to hear about a great new kids book I am all over it.
So if you get a chance head on over to her site to see some other mama's favorite books.

When I was in labor with my youngest my hubbs and I were browsing some stores to get it into full swing, actually the opposite of what I should have been doing because I had prodromal labor.(Cervical dilation and effacement are produced from vertical fibers in a relaxed woman. Stress causes horizontal and vertical fibers to contract, creating non-productive first stage labor.)
But that is a whole other story.(Here is a pic of my oldest and I the night before Riette was born)

We were timing contractions and shopping in between.
I came across the Book counting kisses by Karen Katz.
I wanted to pick up something for my oldest Sinclair, who was about to be spending the night away from us for the first time in her young life.
A kiss and read book was the perfect gift to remind her of my love.
It is just about the sweetest book and combined with my hormones the only book, I was convinced, to give her in that difficult time.
It starts..."My tired little baby do you need a kiss?"
Then it counts down from 10 to one, with where to place those sweet good night kisses and how many!
The last two lines read..."One last kiss on your sleepy dreamy head ,and now it is time for baby's bed."
Just to sweet.
You would think my almost 2 year old would have been so happy and thankful for the book she now loves.
But no after I got home from the hospital she did not speak to me for 3 days.
Ha!!!!

8 comments:

  1. That sounds like the sweetest book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Braley Mama is making an appearance on Feed Me!

    Okay let me count that ways I love this post!

    Prego pics with sweet baby-rad!
    Book about kisses-divine!
    precious memories of your life- priceless!

    It's on my list! Thanks for your support and friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of Molly. I'd leave her for a couple days and she wouldn't come near me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That one does sound like a really sweet Karen Katz pick!

    And I am sucker for small kids in stripes, so I think that your photo is terrifically sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this book. I think it is one we need to add to our home library. Thanks for reminding me just how precious it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter was 21 months when my son was born - she threw flipflops at him when she wanted my attention!

    This book is fun - we've checked it out from our library before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, I feel another book purchase coming on.

    ReplyDelete