Thursday, February 4, 2010

This week I am joining Feed Me Books Friday!
A lovely mama named Janna over at The Adventure of Motherhood is hosting....she is so sweet!

Feed Me Books Friday


I thought I would share with you one of Sinclair's favorite books.



Blue Hat, Green Hat....by Sandra Boyton.
This book is so funny, and easy to understand for the very young reader. All the words are descriptive words, like the title. The first page reads= Red Shirt, Blue Shirt, Yellow Shirt, OOPS!
The fun surprise at the end of each sentence is a crazy turkey wearing the item of clothing that was just mentioned, in a incorrect way. Children love the element of surprise and especially that they can point out what is WRONG:)
This is a great book for children of all ages, even babies!

11 comments:

  1. We just love this book! The turkey is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunt Man loves this book. He even "reads" it. So predictable...I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter loves "Barnyard Dance" by Sandra Boynton. She's a mom herself and I love her creativity. It kind of reads like a square dance ditty

    thanks for posting! It's always great to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are Sandra Boynton fans over here... though... sniff sniff we are outgrowing her. Sads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a GREAT book:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, we have Sandra Boynton's Moo Baa La La La and it's a favorite read here. I'll have to look for this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one of the funniest books out there for tots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kailyn's nightly bed time book was The Going to Bed Book by Sandra Boynton! I have it memorized and recite it to Lane every night now. I'm surprised the book is still in once piece. I love her books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandra Boynton is our FAVORITE! And i don't think you can ever outgrow her! I almost participated in this but ran out of time today. BUt i was going to do some her books, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We LOVE Sandra Boynton! I think our favorite was Barnyard Dance. We couldn't get enough of that book. I still know most of it off by heart.

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete