Monday, February 22, 2010

Hungry Hungry Hungry Hungry.....


My lovely sister Kori got me The Pioneer Woman's Cookbook for Christmas.
This was a home run gift for me.
I love cookbooks, especially of people whose blogs I stalk:)Hee He!
I have made three recipes out of this book.
"Why so few?" you ask......well all the recipes have about one million callories dripping with fat.
Yummy, but it doesn't help with the baby weight!

The first recipe I made was The best ever chocolate sheet cake!
This turned out not so "best ever". I did not have a jelly roll pan, and used a regular 10" by 13" cake pan.
So I am sure that had something to do with it.
I did make
Marlboro Man's favorite Sandwich, that is her hubbs nickname:0)
This was awesome. Very savory and buttery, perfect!

What I am here to brag about is her meatloaf.
I am not a huge fan of meatloaf, and neither is my man.
But I have never made it for my family and thought it would be very June Cleaver of me:)
(Google Image)

This meatloaf is so super tasty, savory, sweet and scrumptious I had to share it with you all!
So here it is.....
MEATLOAF
1 cup milk
6 bread slices
2 lbs ground beef
1 cup parm
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Lawrys
Black pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
4 eggs beat
10 slices of thin cut BACON(secret ingredient)

TOMATO GRAVY
1 1/2 cups ketchup
6 tbs brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
dash of hot sauce


Pour milk over bread and allow to soften. Get yourself a big bowl and put in it ......beef, bread, parm, lawrys, pepper(to taste), parsley, and eggs.
Mix ingredients and form into your favorite shape:)


Place on broil pan to allow drippings to drip.
Lay bacon over the top and tuck in the ends of the little piggy.
Whisk together the ingredients of the Ketchup gravy until smooth.
Pour 1/3 of the gravy over the top of the loaf.
Bake for 45 min and then pour another 1/3 of the gravy over you loaf.
Bake for additional 15 min.
Serve the remainder of the gravy as dipping sauce.
This is so stinkin' good it will knock your belt off:) HA!

This is what I am tackling!
Check out more at Tackle It Tuesdays from 5MinutesForMoms!

11 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness.

    Thank you for sharing this!!! We love meatloaf around here - and this version looks AMAZING!

    Highlight. Copy/paste. Print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... looks interesting. I LOVE meatloaf and am always looking for new ways to make it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep thinking about trying this recipe. It looks delish! I'll have to try it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that bacon on top I bet made the meatloaf. Yum I am so gonna try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bacon and meatloaf oh my!

    You go June Braley! Way to get your pioneer on:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I'm going to show how much NOT a cook I am. You put the bread in a bowl with milk to soften. What did you ever do with that milky bread?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alicia-the next line says mix it together, and lists the ingredients. It says bread, I should have made it clearer that is the milk soaked bread. Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She has a tutorial on her site that you can link with step by step pictures.

    I made her simple, perfect enchiladas last night. SOOOOO yummy in my tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, that sandwich is one of my husband's favorites. I remember when she first posted it, he couldn't wait for me to make it lol!

    Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband doesn't like meat loaf...I think I should try this one.

    ReplyDelete