Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Gender Reveal Party

The other night our cousin Kerri , who is expecting, had a Gender Reveal Party.
And no, it is not something you might attend after someones operation.
Well it might be in some places, but this one was to share the news of the sex of their baby with family and friends.
It was really cool the way they did it. She had two cakes, one with blue cake inside and the other with pink.
They had their sonogram that day and found out what was the sex. Kerri put the corresponding color of cake on the table.
Then when everyone had arrived, Lewis prayed and Kerri cut the cake.
It's a................

GIRL !!!!!!!!
All the ladies looking at the sonogram.

I might get beat down by Kerri for this pick.
But it was so cute watching sister-in-laws in the excitement of the moment.
What a fun night!

10 comments:

  1. That does look like a fun evening!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Summur...

    Ahhh...a big, hearty congratulations to your cousin Kerri! What a blessing!!! I love how they did a "reveal" party...that's too cute! It looks like they have 2 boys so I bet they're really excited that a little girl is on the way!!!

    Well my friend, just wanted to stop by to say thank you for your visit and for taking a peek at my newest thrifty treasure finds! Enjoyed your visit, Darlin'!!! Have a fabulous day!!!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who just had surgery? I can't believe she is having a girl!! Carter and Alton's world is about to get a little pink :)

    Congrats Kerri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea for revealing the baby's gender. That cake is gorgeous too!

    Congrats to your cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart started beating fast as I read this and I teared up to see the joy on everyone's faces. This is how all children should be welcomed into the world-joy overflowing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That IS a cool way to announce:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of that . What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute! But I agree that the name of the event made me look twice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool idea. I love it! congrats on GIRL!

    ReplyDelete