Friday, February 26, 2010

Blitz It Baby

The Organizing Mommy over at Organized Everyday has come up with an awesome idea.
She Blitz's! This is what she describes it as...."Basically, blitzing is forcing ourselves to focus for a set period of time on hands-on tasks."
Head on over to her site to learn more.
This morning I woke up to a mess.
Last night after dinner we headed off to church and left the house in disarray.
Truthfully it doesn't take much to do that. My home is small and if you leave something out it looks messy. Blitzing is perfect for me because it takes a minute to make the mess and a minute to clean it.
So this is what I did this morning.....after some coffee.
The front room.
Clothes left on the floor, some toys, and Cheerios thrown on the floor and mashed into the carpet! Arggh!!!
I whipped out the vacuum and put on a cartoon for the kids and this is it now.....
Then the kitchen.
Counters were a mess, dishes from last night's dinner(gross), and clean dishes in the sink.
After!
All clean:O)
Dishes in the left side of the sink are drying, no time to hand dry when you are Blitzing people.
Finally the Bedroom.
A mess!
Toys and clothes strewn about. And beds unmade.
Ta Daa!
As my daughter would say.
And that took 28 minutes.
It would have gone faster if the kiddos weren't home,lol!
I hope you all have a great weekend.
Now I can enjoy my time with my babies, without the stress of a mess.
Until nap time, when I am sure I will be Blitzing again:O)

4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say thanks for all the comments!! You are always one of the first to leave something encouraging. THANKS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on over to my house it could use some blitzing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of blitzing! I spend 15 minutes in focused attention! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I forget to comment? I feel so bad. I was so intent on figuring out how to erase the link.. Oh well, if I had such cute babies hanging around, I'd forget to blitz and just laugh at them all day. I want to eat that little one up. Good job. I hope it was fun for you!

    ReplyDelete