Saturday, January 16, 2010

Over at Happy To Design Shari hosts Sunday Favorites.
You post one of your favorites that you have written, and is your favorite (hence the name:).


You Gotta Have Faith
8/14/09



Many of you already know that my husband Matthew and I, are raising support to be home team missionaries for an organization called Gospel For Asia.
I thought I would share something that happened to me a few days ago, that I hope will encourage you.
It was a busy afternoon. I just got back from a doctors appointment and was putting the girls down, trying to tidy up the house all before I made my follow up calls.
(phone calls we make to possible supporters)
When I was typing in a phone number and getting ready to sit down and make my first call, Riette began to cry. I saved the phone number in my phone, something I don't normally do, along with this persons name. I said a prayer right then "Lord I will use this number any way, because I know you will have this person support us."
Well I called shortly after and left a message. I took a nap and when I woke up my husband Matt had called.
He said "I have good news we have two new supporters."
Wouldn't you know it, that random name that I had entered in my phone was one of them.

God is really doing a good work in me right now and I am learning to trust in Him.
I have always had a hard time grasping my part of the whole faith thing. K.P. Yohannan wrote a book called Walk By Faith Not By Sight. It has helped me in my prayer life, and really trusting that God is true to His promises. I actually finished the book the night before I took this step in faith by calling this supporter. If you would be interested in reading it, contact me at mrsbraley@gmail.com.

2 Chronicles 19:9 (New King James Version)

9 And he commanded them, saying, “Thus you shall act in the fear of the LORD, faithfully and with a loyal heart."

8 comments:

  1. That was awesome! What a wonderful thing to have happen for you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Summur..

    What a sweet post and soooo exciting too! Thank you for sharing your faith testimony with us today for Sunday Favorites, my friend! I have served the Lord for nearly 30 yrs. He is always faithful to His promises!!! Blessings to you and your husband as you embark in this missionary outreach to Asia...I'm so excited for you both!!!

    Have a wonderful weekend, my friend...and thank you again for joining in with Sunday Favorites!

    Warmest winter wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool and He is stretching your faith and trust. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to send you a hello from the Sunday Favs. group :)
    May today be a blessing for you and your family.

    www.myladydujour.com
    The Muse

    yes, it sounds like heaven is moving with abundant blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww la favorita! Do we have a countdown ticker yet? You'll be moving before you know it! <3

    Get better Rie, we're praying for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading posts like this! It is so awesome to see God at work in our lives.

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete