Saturday, December 5, 2009

Praise The Lord I Am Done!

That is right friends I am rubbing it in.
I am completley done shopping!
I can hear the Angels singing "Halleiluja!"
Oh wait a minute, I still have 6 presents I am not done making.
These presents are :
a) taking longer then I thought
b) harder to make then I ever expected
c) more expensive then I thought they would, or should be.
Although these presents are not what I expected I am still having a blast making them. And they are for people I love very, very much:)
I am extremely thankful I do not have to go out in town any more for gifts(still do for food and water). All of our entrances into town require that we pass the freeway. Which means massive traffic at this time of year.
I am looking forward to spending time with my girls, my man; and focusing on what this time of year really is about.
Celebrating the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ!

How about you, where are you in this busy season?
Are you done shopping?
Haven't started?
I would love to hear what is happening in your life <3 class="spell" style="color: rgb(204, 0, 0);">

5 comments:

  1. What a great feeling! :)

    I have one more thing to buy ( a frame), and I'm finished with acquiring gifts. I enjoy the wrapping aspect, so I'm looking forward to the next step! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just finished today... That is definitely a record for us. It is so nice to be done! Now I just have to finish decorating the house. Will be my project tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sure, rub it in. Whatever.
    :) I have exactly 6 gifts purchased. I still need to shop for my immediate family... and I have no idea what I am getting my husband. YIKES!
    Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha Ha ha ha! Your Mama has been done for awhile, so there I'm not going to let you rub it in. :-) Good job Sum and I love home made gifts the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I did almost all my shopping on Saturday. I just have to get gifts for my son & daughter and then I'll be done and on with the gift wrapping!
    Other than that I think I'm done. My tree is up and my little house is decorated inside and out, so I'm good!
    Maybe some baking now and then til Christmas. Today it's raining and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete