Monday, November 23, 2009

Tackle That Bathroom In Under 15 Minutes, Ladies

(For those of you who recognize this bucket, don't worry Rie has a new bath bucket:)
Here is how I deep clean my bathroom in under 15 minutes.
Yes you heard me.... under 15 minutes!
First thing I do is clear out the bathroom of all decor.
Rug,candle holders, all towels, trash(empty trash), etc.
Sweep the floor, or swiffer.
Then I flush the toilet and pour 1/4 cup of bleach into the bowl.
Scrub inside and allow to sit for duration of cleaning time.
I fill a bucket about 1/4 full of hot soapy water,hot as you can stand it!
Then I spray the entire bathroom with disifectant cleaner.
And I do mean entire bathroom....mirrors,walls,bathtub,toilet,sink, and baseboards.
I buy an all purpose cleaner and use it for all of my surfaces.
Mirrors too!
Take a paper towel and wipe down the mirror.
Then I put 2 cleaning towels, microfiber, in the bucket and start scrubbing.
First the sink ,walls, tub, and base board.
Every surface that I sprayed.
You can do this very fast and it is extremely effective.
Then I scrub the toilet.
It is okay if you go so fast water splashes on the floor.
Last I get on my hands and knees and scrub the floor.
(with a new towel)
Mopping just doesn't cut it.
Flush toilet, light a lovely smelling candle, restock towels and you are done.
This sounds like a lot of steps, but trust me you can really cover a lot of ground with microfiber and hot hot soapy water:)


Head on over to 5MFM for more Tackles!

12 comments:

  1. Good job mama! I awarded you! HEAD over!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mopping DOES NOT cut it, you're right. I'll have to get myself and microfiber towel. In fact I saw some at Costco yesterday and knew I should have grabbed them. No candles for me though, the kids would burn down the house.

    It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GORGEOUS and important tackle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually don't mind cleaning bathrooms, but I totally agree... mopping sucks! I will try your method tomorrow as I need to clean for company! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job! You gave me a good idea on how to get my bathroom ready for guests on Thanksgiving Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!! I'm going to have to do this on cleaning day! Thank you for sharing!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job! I may have to try it your way!

    If you have a moment, stop by and check out my tackle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We would officially call that a blitz!! Great job. I like a fast and furious cleaning job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips! The bathroom is one of my least favorite cleaning chores (second to the inside of the fridge), so this routine will help. I really should do it on Monday too!

    ReplyDelete