Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Hate Vampires!


Ok let me start of by stating I am no better than people who love vampire/scary movies. In fact I am worse than most. God is working on me, that's for sure.


Now that that was said let me get this off my chest.
I hate vampires. I feel free to say that because they are not real. Although there are people in the world who do do these things and I don't hate them. I love them, they just need to find Jesus. The issue I have here is with the pop culture going so dark that vampires are the new hip thing. Here is the definition of:

Vampires are legendary creatures said to subsist by feeding on the life essence of living creatures, generally by drinking their blood. Although typically described as undead, some minor traditions believed in vampires that were living people.

In folkloric tales, vampires often visited loved ones and caused mischief or deaths in the neighborhoods they inhabited when they were alive. They wore shrouds and were often described as bloated and of ruddy or dark countenance.(Taken from Wikipedia)

And young girls are into this stuff?
Disgusting!
People, vampires are evil!
Every time I see a commercial with this junk I get a chill down my spine. The same chill I get when I walk by Hot-topics in the mall. But that is another story all together.
What is going on? It use to be only at Halloween you would see these story lines coming out.Now 80% of movies are horror films.
I know what some of you are thinking, But I like the nice vampire, No there is no excuse. This is just more evilness creeping into our culture, and it makes me sick.
Ok, I feel better to get that off my chest.
And allow me to add one more thing , I use to be into Ann Rice books and shopped at Hot Topic.

"If then your whole body [is] full of light, having no part dark, [the] whole [body] will be full of light, as when the bright shining of a lamp gives you light." Luke 11:36

1 comment:

  1. That's just funny! Although I agree... it is so hard to look at Twilight and feel angry... :) I too am against most horror movies, it's just a way to put more crap in our heads!

    ReplyDelete