Thursday, October 1, 2009

Craft Challenge

This was my challenge if I chose to except it.
Heidi over at Blueeyedblessings held a September craft challenge.
And so did Southern Hospitality!
Make something, anything, Fall or Halloween themed.
Well when I saw this I got excited because I love to glue.
I am not a skilled crafter.
But I do like the relaxing mood it puts me in when I decopage.
( And no, it is not the fumes! I hope.)


So I found these cute napkins at Target.
No surprise there, that's the only place I shop.
Oh yeah this makes my craft a "Fall craft."
I have a bunch of clay pots so why not spruce some up.



Those stickers I found, also from Target, Sinclair used on her very own pot she made.


Here is the Finished pot.
I like to pull the napkins apart so you just have one thin layer of napkin to work with.
When you are all done you spray it with a high gloss sealant.
Easy Cheesey!


A plain ol' pot is boring.
A few months ago I saw a cute house warming gift idea over at
The Pioneer Woman.
Basically it is a bouquet of wooden spoons.
I like to kill 3 birds with one stone.
1. I completed my craft project
My cousin Kerri just moved, 2. House warming gift.
(I even used rocks from her old driveway to make it more personal)
Today is her birthday too!
3. Birthday gift.
Happy B-day Kerr Bear!

( Be aware that if you are related to me your birthday/Christmas
gift could be a future blog post.)



15 comments:

  1. How smart to use napkins! Very cute gift idea.
    -Crystal (Crystal's Craft Spot)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, i like! I love the multi-uses too :) It's always fun to give a home-made gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this idea. You can so use it as many times as you needed. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gift idea, Summur! What a fun and VERY thoughtful gift to give to someone. I love how creative you can get to help spruce up something plain and also make it festive for Fall! How easy it looks to use napkins!! Thanks for joining in the craft challenge this month...and for ALL of your super sweet comments. Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! That is a nice house warming gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fabulous idea. Great idea, I definitely would love to get this as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job and I love how proud your little helper looked! A fun idea to fix up a boring old pot that doesn't require handpainting...always my downfall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't you clever! I love the idea! I'm definitely following your blog, you seem like a lot of fun and very unique!

    Thanks for sharing and please stop by and say hello. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Summur...

    Ohhh...it's been so long since I've done any decoupaging...and I love this idea!!! It sure is a great way to turn a common old clay pot into a work of art! Hmmm...I think I still have a jar of mod-podge upstairs...wondering if it's still good! Hehe! Great idea...thanks for sharing it with us today! By the way...your little Sinclair is just precious!!!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Summer, thank you for joining the party! So glad you did & what cute things you came up with. So glad you like my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! I like to use napkins to decoupage too. There are so many pretty ones these days!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog to see some of my fall decorations. You're very sweet - I'm not a designer. I just like to celebrate the seasons!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Summur, That's a clever decoupage project to create a nice gift item! And what a duo of pretty little girls you have. I love the picture of Sinclair shaking her little bootie. And those cowgirl boots of hers- too adorable. Thanks for stopping by to see my fall decorations for Rhoda's party. I love this season and always have fun setting things out to enjoy.
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Summur - it's nice to meet you! What a very clever idea. And that it turned into a gift is extra sweet! Just fabulous. Thank you for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Marie
    http://emmacallsmemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic idea!!! Way to go, and man, I wish I was related to you!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is so wonderful to receive something homemade. Great project!

    ReplyDelete