Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Copy Cat

I was just nursing my 5 month old when my oldest, Sinclair 2, sat next to me on the couch. She lifted up her shirt and began to "nurse" her doll. This was pretty amusing, but I tried my darndest not to laugh because I didn't want to ruin the moment. Then I put Riette down in her crib and I heard little feet scattering about. Sinclair was running to her bed and laying her doll in it. She carefully covered her up and turned on her stuffed elephant that plays music. It is so amazing watching her grow. How she copies everything, and I mean everything. I pray that I may be as good a learner a she is.I want to copy Jesus. I watch her and I can hear God telling me "see that is how you grow". Simple obedience.
For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:1 peter 2:21

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving those sweet comments otherwise I may not have found your blog. This is the sweetest post and so true. Children learn so much from us. God is good!

    Now I'm going to go look at some of your back posts and I also joined as a follower.

    Nice to meet you,
    Lee Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just like her Mommy when you were that age. You did the same thing Summur. It's fun to watch you enjoy yours as I enjoyed you 2 growing up. It goes too fast though. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. So precious! I love it when my daughter (ten at the time) lifted up her shirt to "feed" her little sister (a newborn).. I could hardly rescue the baby because I was laughing so hard.

    ReplyDelete