Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tackle It Tuesday........ Fall Edition

Usually I am not afraid of recipes that I have not made before.
I might, and usually do, plan a whole week of never been tested food.
When it comes to baking I tend to stick to what I know.
Chocolate chip cookies, snickerdoodles, and Duncan Hines Cake mix. :0)
When my sister suggested I make her delicious, scrumptuos,unbelievable pumpkin cookies; I cringed.
I could never bake like Kori the Baker Mama!(pictured above)
Well I thought I would give it a try ! Then bring it over as a hostess gift.
Have I mentioned the fact that I am crazy!

Well I made them and they turned out great!
Kori was partially right, I could do it!
(She can't be completely right because she is my little sister)

Pumpkin Cookies
sugar 1 cup
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
112 tsp ground clove
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup pumpkin
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Icing
2 cups powdered sugar
3tbs milk
1 tbs butter,melted
1 tsp of vanilla

Preheat oven to 350.In a medium bowl combine flour, bake powder,bake soda, cinn, nut, cloves, and salt.Set aside people!
Cream the butter with the sugar until creamy(hence the action of creaming)
Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.
Mix well and add mix to dry ingredients.
Cookie scoop on pan and bake for 15 minutes.
For the icing you just mix all the ingredients together and drizzle over cool cookies.


That's all folks.
These are very yummy and light.
I love Fall food so cozy.



Check out more mama's tackles at 5minutesformom.com

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the picture! LOL And yes, I am right, as usual! :)

    Glad they turned out, I want to make more already. Mmm. Maybe we can make an annual pumpkin cookie day, like Christmas cookies. Only better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum - these look great for the fall. Thanks for linking up at Tasty Tuesday. Just make sure you post to your recipe URL and link back to beautyandbedlam.com so everyone can join in on the fun. :)So glad to have you. :)

    ReplyDelete