Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chili Cook Off


We had a Chili cook off at church over the weekend and it was really a lot of fun. Not only is it great food and fellowship for us adults but it was nice to see my daughter branch out a little socially. Sinclair did well with children she doesn't know. May be even better then with her very own cousins.At home Sinclair talks and talks, away from home you would think she was mute. I love that she is quiet. It helps me to see her sweet side. I also am reminded that it is sometimes better to not say everything that comes to mind.


So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath;
James 1 :19

This girl can eat some watermelon.
One time I hadn't realized how much she ate.
Well, lets just say what goes in must come out.
After changing her diaper I rushed her to the pediatrician thinking she had a serious problem.
After they tested her blood and stool they found out it was watermelon.
Whoops!

Riette hung out like this most of the time.
Happy as a clam.
Where did that saying come from?
Why are clams happy?



Sinclair and her cuz Kailyn, sharing food.
If it was up to Sinclair she would always share food with Lane and Kailyn.

Sinclair dancing with her cousin Julia.
How sweet are they?
( I love this pic! Sinclair is shaking her booty for Julia, and Julia is like "Uhhh ok mom what is she doing?")

We had some great chilli at the cook off and My hubby Matt added what he thought was sour cream to our chili.....it ended up being horse radish.
It was actually very good.
My husband the chef, who knew?

1 comment:

  1. summur, I love the watermelon, what goes in must come out, that is too funny! Gotta luv you sweetie

    ReplyDelete