Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Easy Slow Cookin' Tackle


I have to share this recipe with ya'll from my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook.It is called PULLED PORK WITH ROOT BEER SAUCE.So stinkin' yummy!
one 2 1/2 lb pork sirloin roast
(i like to use 3 small pork picnics,less fat)
salt and pepper
1 tbs cooking oil
2 medium onions cut into wedges
4 cups of root beer( not diet)
2 tbs minced garlic
1 cup chili sauce

S and P meat and brown on stove in cookin' oil.......not my fav part because it stinks up house, but necessary.Drain meat and place in slow cooker. I like to spray mine with Pam for less stickage :)

Add onions, garlic and 1 cup of Root Beer. Cover and set slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours. My cooker only needs 8 hours because it is pretty fast. Check it after 8, if it falls apart it's good.

About 20 minutes before you want to eat start the yummy sauce. Add three cups of Root Beer to a medium sauce pan and turn to med-high.

Add your chili sauce and bring to a boil..............you can also throw in some hot sauce if you want a good kick.

Keep stiring and alow to cook down until you are left with about 2 cups.

Meanwhile take pork out of cooker and shredd. Mine just fell apart, no elbow grease needed( always a good thing).If you want to add onions take them out of cooking juices in cooker with a slotted spoon.

Next pour sauce over meat. So good you know you want some!I love this recipe because it is sweet and savory.......the best combo. And it is super easy!

(Shout out to Daniel and Genesis, remember this from Julia's birthday)

Check out more mama's tackles at 5minutesformom.com

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, how fun - I LOVE using my slow cooker. I'll have to send you one of my favorite recipes I've found sometime - for chunky pasta sauce with lots of veggies. :) It's always fun to see others enjoying their crockpots, too!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, this is Rachel from GFa. :) Somehow blogger is posting me now as just having joined blogger instead of showing my original profile from before. Strange?! Techy matters are soo beyond me. :-D Hope you have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Genesis and Daniel are all about cooking with soda. I have yet to try it, but I'm sure it is good. We usually use beer. ;)
    I like how you and Kori are posting about food now.

    ReplyDelete